Industry 4.0-Ready Flash Point Tester
The flash point tester MINIFLASH FP Vision is uniquely designed to determine the flash points of liquids and solids. The analyzer uses Grabner flash point detection method, which is triggered by an energy-controlled eletric arc and measures instantaneous pressure increase inside a closed chamber. By heating the test chamber from the top, the analyzer prevents condensation of high volatile compounds and guarantees improved test results.
MINIFLASH FP Vision continuosly closed cup design and small sample volume of only 1-2 ml offer maximum safety. No offensive fumes are released in the testing area and little to no sample waste is registered when performing a flash point test. The fast thermoelectric cooling at the end of each flash point test plus the easy handling of the instrument also save expensive labor time.
MINIFLASH FP Vision is part of the Vision analyzer line. Vision analyzers support remote access to test results via the COCKPIT Software and are equipped with a full-color touchscreen. The touchscreen of the MINIFLASH Vision features an easy-to-use graphical interface and do away with the need for training. Any technician is capable of running a flash point test with MINIFLASH FP Vision! As other analyzers of the Vision product line, MINIFLASH FP Vision offers hassle-free communication with USB, Ethernet, LIMS and PCs and nearly unlimited storage capacity for test results.
Grabner Instruments offers two versions of MINIFLASH FP Vision: MINIFLASH FPH Vision, for high temperates up to 400°C, and MINIFLASH FP Vision, for temperates between 0°C and 120°C.
The flash point testers determine flash point according to ASTM D6450 and according to the advanced ASTM D7094 standard. This procedure describes the “Standard Test Method for Flash Point by Modified Continuously Closed Cup (MCCCFP)”, which offers the highest repeatability and reproducibility and an excellent correlation to the D93 Pensky-Martens method. The official statement from the ASTM commitee goes as follows: “there is no statistically significant bias observed between ASTM D7094 and ASTM D93 Procedure A”. Also, ASTM D7094 has been approved by the ASTM committee for the Diesel Fuel and Kerosene specifications ASTM D975, D396, D2880 and D3699.
Standard Test Method for Flash Point by Tag Closed Cup Tester
Standard Test Methods for Flash Point by Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Tester
Standard Test Method for Flash Point by Continuously Closed Cup (CCCFP) Tester
Standard Test Method for Flash Point by Modified Continuously Closed Cup (MCCCFP) Tester
Determination of flash point — Pensky-Martens closed cup method
Determination of flash point — Rapid equilibrium closed cup method
Determination of flash/no flash — Rapid equilibrium closed cup method
ISO 13736 / IP 170
Determination of flash point — Abel closed-cup method
Chinese test method of Flash Point by continuously closed Cup tester
- Flash point according to ASTM D6450/SHT0768 (Flash Point by Continuously Closed Cup) and ASTM D7094 (Flash-Point by Modified Continuously Closed Cup)
- Equivalent EN ISO 2719, excellent correlation to ASTM D56, ISO13736, IP170
- ASTM COMMITTEE STATEMENT: “There is no statistically significant bias observed between ASTM D7094 and ASTM D93 Procedure A.”
- Approved for diesel fuel and kerosene specifications ASTM D975, D396, D2880, D3699
- Approved for ASTM specifications of recycled fuel and biodiesel
- New methods for EN ISO 3679 and EN ISO 3680 simulation
- Dilution Flashpoint Testing
- Go / No Go Flashpoint Testing
- Fast screening methods
- Customized screening methods for higher flexibility
- Automatic ignition cleaning method
- Ignition Protection Technology guarantees safety first and foremost
- No open flame or offensive vapors in the lab
- Highest accuracy
- Remotely operable
- Big, color touchscreen for convenient, intuitive menu navigation
- Hassle-free communication and data transfer via USB, Ethernet, LIMS and the PC software COCKPIT for Vision analyzers
- User rights management and statistical quality control with COCKPIT Software for Vision analyzers
- Worldwide standard method for the flavors and fragrances industry
- Short measuring time due to small sample volume of 1-2 ml
- Combustion Analysis
- Excellent thermoelectric heating and cooling regulation with Advanced Peltier Coooling Technology
Down to -25°C (-13°F) with water cooling
Down to -45°C (-50°F) with external cooling
An aluminum cup (1) with a capacity of 7 ml and containing 2 mL of sample is resting in the sample cup holder. For the test, the sample cup is lifted to the temperature controlled oven (2), forming the test-chamber with a metal to metal seal. A thermocouple (3) is immersed into the sample to measure the temperature. The temperature of the oven is controlled by Peltier elements (4) and an air cooled heat sink (5). The vapor is ignited by a high voltage arc (6) inside the test-chamber. At the flash point, the pressure inside the sealed measuring chamber is increased significantly, which is detected by a built-in pressure transducer (7). A rotating magnet and a small magnet (8) inside the the sample cup provide stirring.
Continuous product development may make it necessary to change product specifications without notice.